Monday, November 2, 2009

All-time high stock recap - October

At the end of each week I run a scan of stock exchanges in the US and Canada looking for stocks reaching all-time high prices in the previous week of trading. At the end of each month I will summarize these data with the idea that the aggregate number of new all-time highs is an indicator of market strength or weakness. Perhaps this can compliment other metrics like the New High-New Low ratio that is used so well by Chris Perunna. Results for the month of October are below. To receive future updates I recommend using the RSS feed () on the top right of the blog.

Number of stocks on my all-time high stock screener at the end of each week in October


Finding all-time high stocks can be more complex than it sounds due to data issues that arise (discussed on the blog herehere, and here). I suspect this is one reason why there are so few free lists of stocks making all-time highs. This is also why I do not claim that these totals are accurate. What I can say is that the screening methods are consistent from week-to-week (so increases and decreases are meaningful) and the results are transparent (all stocks meeting the criteria are shown on the blog).

No comments: